This is my grandmother's recipe, so actually it's incredibly traditional for my family. But she was a German-American Midwesterner so let's say it's not "authentic."
10oz. package of frozen spinach
ready cook lasagna noodles
16oz. cottage cheese
tomato sauce (homemade or bought)
a hard grating cheese to sprinkle on top
basil (optional for garnish)
1) Preheat the oven to 375F
2) Add the frozen spinach to a small pot and place over a low/medium heat. Using a wooden spoon or spatula help break it up. Add the cottage cheese and eggs and mix well and heat through.
3) Add a layer of sauce to the bottom of your lasagna pan. Then a layer of noodles (place the noodles so they cover the whole of the bottom of the pan without overlapping–use as many as you need based on the size of your pan but typically 3 cover it well.
4) Next add some filling, spreading it out to cover the noodles. And then some more sauce. Repeat this order: sauce, noodle, filling, sauce, until you’ve reached the top. Then cover with any cheese you like or have (anything that grates and melts well).
5) Cover with tin foil and pop in the oven.Let it cook for about 25 minutes before checking, and then see if the noodles are soft and have expanded and if the liquid has been absorbed (basically, does it look done and delicious enough to eat? Use your senses and your gut to know).
6) Then (optional) add more cheese and pop back in the oven uncovered for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish with basil and serve.